PLANTING YOUR GREEN
DECENT WORK TREE
IMPROVEMENT OF MIGRANT WORKERS WORKING CONDITIONS IN AGRICULTURE SECTOR
RATIONALE OF THE ACTION
International labour migration from Sri Lanka has been on the increase during the last three decades, specialy with the opening of temporary employment opportunities in the Gulf. Resent estimates suggest that over a million migrants work abroad while the annual reported outflows are about 200000 person.
- working for the welfare of Migrant workers by involving other organisationa involving in the same field.
- Creating a national debate on the conditions of Migrant workers by initiating debates.
- Improve overall quality of our migrant workers and give them good job and decent salary and improve good job and upgrate grate the quality of life style of our people.
- Improve the living conditions of migrant workers of Sri Lanka
- presurise government to implement welfare schemes.
- prevent migration to gulf countries.
KEY ACTIVITIES AND INDICATORS
- Involve N.G.O.s
- Meeting with Migrant workers.
- Work shops
- Delegations to Government.
Damayanthi blogs at tosumithra.wordpress.com